As the holiday season draws near, the anticipation of festive gatherings, family reunions, and celebrations begins to simmer.
This time of year is often synonymous with joyous toasts and clinking glasses of your favorite cocktails. But what if you want to take a break from alcohol as a continuation of Sober October, an early commitment to Dry January, or for your own personal reasons?
Fear not! We’re giving you some of our favorite tantalizing mocktail recipes that are not only easy to make but also delicious alternatives to traditional cocktails.
So, let’s raise a glass (or a mocktail) to embracing the holiday season with a fresh perspective on indulgence!
- 3 cans LaCroix Lime Sparkling Water
- 1 freshly squeezed lime
- 2 tsp. agave syrup
- 10-15 mint leaves
- Combine 8-10 mint leaves in a pit with agave syrup and a splash of LaCroix Lime Sparkling Water and muddle.
- Add the remaining LaCroix Lime Sparkling Water and lime juice.
- Stir and garnish with remaining mint leaves.
Apple Cider Mule
- 4 oz Mingle Mocktails Moscow Mule
- 3/4 oz fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz Apple Cider
- Optional: 2 oz Gin Alternative
- Dehydrated Apple Round, Lime Wedge, or Cranberries for Garnish
- Combine all ingredients over ice in a copper mug.
- Gently stir to combine. Garnish.
Strawberry Passion No-groni
- 16 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- Spices (anything in your pantry, go crazy! Ideas: anise, cloves, cinnamon, citrus peel, chamomile, coriander, juniper, ginger, chai, etc.)
- Dried orange / orange peel for garnish
- 6 oz Strawberry Passion wildwonder
- Apertif Blend: Combine juice, dried fruit, and spices into a saucepan. Bring to a low simmer and infuse the spices for 30-45 minutes. Strain and chill. Now vou have the perfect non-alcoholic aperitif base to use in place of vermouth or campari.
- Let it sit overnight before straining for extra botanical goodness.
- In a glass, add equal parts aperitif blend and Strawberry Passion over ice. Garnish with a twist of orange peel.
The Golden Kick
- 30 ml Ginger Water
- 10 ml Giffard Peche syrup
- 100 ml well-chilled French Bloom Le Blanc
- Ginger Water: Place 75 grams of freshly cut ginger into 500 ml of hot water (90°C) for 30 minutes. After the infusion period, strain the ginger water and allow it to chill.
- In a mixing glass, combine well-chilled Ginger Water with 10 ml of Giffard Peche syrup, stirring gently to ensure thorough incorporation.
- Pour the mixture into a champagne flute.
- Top up the glass with ice-cold French Bloom Le Blanc.
- For an added layer of sparkle, use a medium brush to paint a diagonal line on the outer side of the flute using sugar syrup or honey. Sprinkle edible gold glitter or coarse gold dust on the line to add festive sparkles to the glass.
- 4 oz Mingle Cranberry Cosmo
- Lime wheel or fresh raspberries
- Pour chilled Mingle Cranberry Cosmo into a martini glass or champagne flute.
- Garnish with lime wheel or fresh raspberries.
Spiced Cider Mocktail
- 2 oz. LaCroix Cúrate Pomme Bayá Sparkling Water
- 2 oz. LaCroix Lime Sparkling Water
- Splash of apple cider
- Mix together.
- Serve in a chilled rocks glass rimmed with cinnamon sugar.
Spiced Sans-Gria (Sangria Alternative)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon sugar (0.5 tbsp cinnamon + 0.5 tbsp sugar)
- 0.5 cup ice
- 2 oz white grape juice
- 2 oz fresh orange juice
- 4 oz blackberry lemon Hiyo
- 0.5 oz spiced simple syrup (0.5 cup water + 0.5 cup sugar + 0.5 tsp cinnamon + clove, heated til sugar fully melts)
- Coat the rim of a wide wine glass in cinnamon sugar, then fill with ice.
- Pour ingredients consecutively and stir to combine.
Morning Mi-Faux-Sas (Mimosa Alternative)
- 2 oz mango purée
- 2 oz peach mango Hiyo
- 2 oz non-alc sparkling wine
- Pour ingredients consecutively into a champagne flute and stir to combine. Cheers!
The Rosemary Blueberry Fizz
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 oz club soda
- 2 oz mineral water
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the blueberries, rosemary, honey, and lemon juice until the blueberries have released their juices.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake until well combined.
- Strain the mixture into a glass filled with ice.
- Pour in the club soda and mineral water, and gently stir to combine.
- Garnish with additional blueberries and a sprig of rosemary, if desired.
Holiday Faux Martini
- 3 oz. LaCroix Peach-Pear Sparkling Water
- 1 oz. orange juice
- ½ oz. agave
- Mix and serve in a martini glass.
- Use rosemary sprigs to garnish.
- 4 oz Carrot Juice
- 1-inch Piece of Ginger (finely grated or juiced)
- 4 oz Orange Juice
- 12 oz Melon Cello Seltzer
- 2 Tablespoons Agave Syrup
- Melon ball or thin orange slice (optional)
- Sprig of mint or basil (optional)
- Combine carrot juice, orange juice and freshly grated or juiced ginger.
- Add agave syrup and shake mixture well until ingredients are combined.
- Divide mixer between two 12 oz glasses.
- Fill each glass with the melon cello seltzer.
- Place a melon ball or thin slice of orange halved onto the rim of glass.
- Rub a sprig of mint of basil between fingers to release aromatics, place inside the drink.
- Stir gently before sipping.
The Sparkling Lemon Rasp
- 1 oz Raspberry Mix
- 1 oz Lemonade Mix
- 6 oz Non-Alcoholic beer
- Raspberry and Mint Leaves
- Add Raspberry Mix & Lemonade Mix into a shaker then shake for 5-8 seconds.
- Top off with the non-alcoholic beer and garnish with raspberries and mint leaves.
The Eastside Garden
- 2 oz Seedlip Garden non-alcoholic spirit
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 0.2 oz simple syrup
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 3 cucumber slices
- 5 basil leaves
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass, add ice cubes and shake well.
- Strain and pour into a coupette glass and garnish with two basil leaves.
Dry No-Jito (Mojito Alternative)
- 1/2 lime, cut into small wedges
- 2 sprigs mint leaves
- 2 oz fresh watermelon juice
- 0.5 oz mint simple syrup (0.5 cup water + 0.5 cup sugar + 3 sprigs mint)
- 1.5 oz coconut milk
- 4 oz watermelon lime Hiyo
- 1 sprig mint garnish
- Muddle lime and mint together in a tall serving glass, then pour in coconut
milk and mint simple syrup.
- Top with watermelon lime Hiyo, add ice, and stir to combine.
The Virgin Cucumber Gimlet
- 1.5 oz club soda
- 4-5 slices of muddled cucumber
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- Add cucumber and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker (or mason jar). Muddle the two ingredients together to mash the cucumber.
- Add lime juice to the shaker. Cover and shake vigorously, until frothy.
- Pour over ice and top with club soda.
These mocktails are not only a delightful way to stay on track with your commitment to a sober lifestyle during the holiday season, but they also offer a refreshing and flavorful twist to traditional cocktails for anyone looking to explore alcohol-free alternatives.
As we embrace the holiday season, let’s remember that indulgence can come in many forms. These delicious mocktails offer a perfect way to enjoy the festivities while staying mindful of your health and well-being.
So, gather your ingredients, raise your glass, and toast to a memorable, sober, and refreshing holiday season!