There’s one simple gastronomic pleasure that many French people can agree on: the beloved Sunday Roast Chicken served with potatoes; whether they’re fried, sautéed, or mashed into puree. A true Sunday tradition, this comforting dish also has the advantage of being quite easy to prepare. For Bénédicta, a brand known for its sauces, young chef and Top Chef season 10 semi-finalist Alexia Duchêne has crafted seven recipes incorporating Bénédicta products. Among them, you’ll find her Sunday Roast Chicken with homemade fries, which pairs perfectly with Bénédicta’s “Comme à la maison” mayonnaise. Here are all the steps you need to easily recreate this dish at home to impress your family or guests.
Chef Alexia Duchêne’s Sunday Roast Chicken, Homemade Fries, and Bénédicta “Comme à la Maison” Mayonnaise Recipe
Ingredients (serves 4):
– 1 farm-raised chicken, approximately 1.6 kg
– 2 carrots
– 2 celery stalks
– 3 yellow onions
– 1 head of garlic
– A few sprigs of thyme
– 2 bay leaves
– 1 yellow lemon
– 5 g smoked paprika
– Sunflower oil
– 80 g butter
– 300 ml white wine
– 7 large Bintje potatoes
– Bénédicta “Comme à la maison” mayonnaise
– In an ovenproof dish, place the chicken in the center and brush with a drizzle of oil. Season the outside and inside of the chicken with salt. Sprinkle the paprika over the skin and massage for a few seconds.
– Peel and cut the vegetables into large pieces.
– Place the garlic inside the chicken along with the thyme and bay leaves; place the vegetables around the chicken, season with salt, and add a drizzle of oil.
– Place the room-temperature butter on the chicken’s skin and roast at 180°C (356°F) for 25 minutes with fan assisted.
– Pour the white wine into the bottom of the dish and continue to cook at 170°C (338°F) for 1 hour, then reduce the oven to 130°C (266°F) for 15 minutes while you cook the fries.
– Cut the fries with the skin on to a medium size, rinse them to remove the starch, and then dry them in a kitchen towel.
– Fry them in the first oil bath at 160°C (320°F) for 5/7 minutes, then the second bath at 180°C (356°F) for 3 minutes; be sure to season well with salt once they’re out.
– Carve the chicken, add a good squeeze of lemon juice, serve with the hot fries, and a generous spoonful of Bénédicta “Comme à la maison” mayonnaise!
When it comes to creating a memorable meal, nothing says comfort like a Sunday Roast Chicken. Follow this recipe from chef Alexia Duchêne and capture the essence of a cozy weekend gathered around the table. With a few simple steps, you’ll have your guests savoring every bite of this delectable dish!