Elizabeth Chambers Armie Hammer
Credit: Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images for BFI

Elizabeth Chambers says she has been focusing on “healing” amid the sexual assault allegations against her ex-husband, Armie Hammer. The television personality was answering questions from her 266,000 followers when she was asked why she had been so quiet on social media.

“Focusing on healing, my babes and work. A lot I’ve wanted to share, but hasn’t felt right [at the moment],” Chambers wrote to her story. It was accompanied by an image of the 38-year-old holding a crystal heart to the sun.

Elizabeth Chambers instagram
Credit: instagram @elizabethchambers

It comes after Hammer was confirmed as an official suspect in a sexual assault case with the Los Angeles Police Department last month. The alleged victim, Effie, was the first to anonymously share evidence of Hammer’s sordid fantasies in early 2021. She has since spoken out against the Call Me By Your Name actor, accusing him of rape.

“On April 24th, 2017, Armie Hammer violently raped me for over four hours in Los Angeles, during which he repeatedly slammed my head against a wall, bruising my face,” Effie said in a statement in March. “He also committed other acts of violence against me to which I did not consent. For example, he beat my feet with a crop so they would hurt with every step I took for the next week. During those four hours, I tried to get away but he wouldn’t let me. I thought that he was going to kill me. He then left with no concern for my wellbeing.”

During the initial claims of rape and abuse, Chambers took to social media and pledged support to Hammer’s victims. She also described her heartbreak surrounding the situation.

Elizabeth Chambers Armie Hammer
Elizabeth Chambers, Armie Hammer and children Harper Hammer and Ford Douglas Armand Hammer attend the premiere of “Cars 3” at Anaheim Convention Center on June 10, 2017 in Anaheim, California. (Photo by Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic)

“For weeks, I’ve been trying to process everything that has transpired. I am shocked, heartbroken, and devastated,” Chambers wrote. “Heartbreak aside, I am listening, and will continue to listen and educate myself on these delicate matters. I didn’t realise how much I didn’t know. I support any victim of assault or abuse and urge anyone who has experienced this pain to seek the help she or he needs to heal. At this time, I will not be commenting further on this matter. My sole focus and attention will continue to be on our children, on my work and on healing during this incredibly difficult time.

Thank you for all of the love and support, and thank you in advance for your continued kindness, respect, and consideration for our children and me as we find ways to move forward.”

For now Chambers and her children, Harper and Ford, remain in the Cayman Islands. In a separate story however, the mother confirmed they would  not move permanently.

“No, we’re not here to stay. LA will always be home, but beyond thankful for our Cayman family and this incredible island for protecting my babes and me during these wild times.”

Elizabeth Chambers instagram
Credit: instagram @elizabethchambers

There has been no further updates on the pending LAPD investigation of Hammer, however last week it was reported the actor exited a broadway play due to the accusations.

thoughts?