Bella Hadid and Gigi Hadid are not only experts on the runway, the supermodels also know their way around the kitchen. Bella is here to teach us all a thing or two about making a chicken katsu ramen in just 30 minutes. While at home in New York City, the 24-year-old took her 38 million fans through a step-by-step video tutorial for how to make the recipe, originally by chef, Half Baked Harvest.
Below, exactly how she did it.
How to make Bella Hadid’s 30-minute chicken katsu ramen
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 strips thick-cut turkey bacon, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (or preferred milk)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white miso paste
- 2-4 tablespoons chilli paste, to taste (I use Gochujang)
- 4 squares ramen noodles
- 4 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- soft or hard boiled eggs, for serving
- Toasted nori sheets, sesame seeds, green onions, and chilli oil, for serving
- 4 chicken cutlets, or 2 boneless chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 cup Panko
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- kosher salt
1. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the turkey bacon and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, shallots, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelised, about 3 minutes. Pour in the broth, milk, and soy sauce, then whisk in the miso and chilli paste. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the Katsu. Place the Panko and sesame seeds in a shallow bowl. Season with salt. Dredge both sides of the chicken through the Panko, pressing to adhere by using your fist to really pound the crumbs in. Place the chicken on a plate.
3. Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and season with salt. Slice into thin strips.
4. To the soup, stir in the noodles, spinach, and sesame oil. Let sit 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
5. To serve, divide the noodles between bowls and ladle over the soup back overtop. Add the chicken. Top as desired with eggs, green onions, sesame seeds, and chilli oil. Serve immediately.