Under the falling cherry blossom, Camilla closed Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia in the most spectacular of fashions, with an emotive homage to Japan. A stunning pastiche of Japanese culture; the gentle notes of the koto, origami folds, the intricacies of calligraphy and sweet Sakura filled Carriageworks for a breathtaking and emotionally-charged finale. For Camilla Franks, it was a recent trip to Japan – and its unfamiliarities to the first-time visitor – which inspired the collection. It also inspired Creative Director for Shiseido, Linda Jefferyes, who found an unlikely muse in the Samurai.
Jefferyes took the rigour of the Samurai and made it beautiful – or sparkly – cutting strips of glitter (which “took hours” to create) and carefully placing them on model faces in an utilitarian manner. With the ‘Japanese Warrior’ as Jefferyes’ beauty muse, she also looked to David Bowie for inspiration, with a kind of Bowie aesthetic apparent in the bolts of silver and gold glitter.
For Japanese women, skin and the ritual of skincare is tantamount, so skin was the focus when it came to makeup. Radiant and teeming with light, skin was beautifully prepared with Shiseido’s latest Essential Energy Gel Cream and Synchro Tinted Gel Cream.
For the Japanese beauty pioneer, creating the look for Camilla’s beautiful Japanese army was fitting. The models turned Japanese – just for the night – and we’re glad they did.
get the look
1. Cleanse the skin with Shiseido’s Cleansing Water
2. Moisturize the skin with Shiseido’s NEW Ultimune and Essential Energy Gel Cream
3. Spray the Shiseido Ibuki Quick Mist Fix
4. Mix and apply the Shiseido Synchro Tinted Gel Cream, to the skin using a brush to create a dewy skin complexion
5. Apply the Shiseido Bronzer (Medium) under the jaw line, cheek bone and up onto the temple to add tone and slight definition
6. Shiseido Smoothing Lip Pencil was used to create a light outline of the lip and enhance the colour of the lip
7. The Lips were then moisturize using the Shiseido Lip Conditioner
8. The eyes were left natural however, the eye lashes were curled and applied a light coat of mascara using Shiseido’s Eyelash Curler and Multi- Dimension Mascara