Hannah Gadsby is living the American dream.
The Australian comic, now based in Los Angeles, has been revealed as one of the 10 most popular personalities on Netflix according to the streaming service’s US viewers, as per stats out today.
Netflix ran the numbers on Netflix Originals stars who had the biggest increase in Instagram followers in 2018.
Gadsby, whose comedy special Nanette premiered on Netflix in June, was in the top 10.
- The Fab Five (Queer Eye)
- Lana Condor (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before)
- Joel Courtney (The Kissing Booth)
- Miguel Herrán (Elite/La Casa de Papel)
- Jaime Lorente Lopez (Elite/La Casa de Papel)
- Maria Pedraza (Elite/La Casa de Papel)
- Noah Centineo (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, Sierra Burgess is a Loser)
- Joey King (The Kissing Booth)
- Hannah Gadsby (Nanette)
- Kiernan Shipka (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina)
It’s no wonder, then, that Gadsby is rumoured to be a top choice to host the Oscars following Kevin Hart’s decision to step down after refusing to apologise for homophobic comments.
The Netflix statistics prove Hannah would pull a significant number of eyeballs to watch the broadcast of the ceremony on March 4, 2019. Not to mention have the room in hysterics with her dry, Australian wit.
Academy, are you listening?