Given Father’s Day approaches this Sunday and the unisex dressing trend is enjoying a resurgence, this week’s Hot 10 list of the coolest pieces we’ve found in the past seven days has you (and the father-like man-folk in your life) covered.
1. CARRIED AWAY A classic ‘forever’ gift is always a great starting point for last minute shopping. If your budget can manage it, Louis Vuitton’s classic Carryall bag with its iconic monogram is a no-brainer. Not only a good gift for him, it’s also handy to borrow for yourself if you can wrangle it away (wink wink). Louis Vuitton, Carryall Bag, $2090. SHOP NOW
2. KEEP WATCH A polished watch like Tag Heuer’s Aquaracer, which features seconds, date and 300m water resistance, is another classic investment piece in this app-obsessed modern world where old school cool has fresh appeal.
TAG Heuer, Aquaracer 300M Watch, $3300. SHOP NOW
3. ON THE SLIDE Guaranteed to please about 90 percent of recipients, swear, these are both on-trend and dad-daggy, depending on how they’re worn. (Trust us, both are good things these days.) Comfy, affordable and long-lasting, we think they beat predictable socks or books any day.
adidas Performance @ The Iconic, Duramo Slides, $24.95. SHOP NOW
4. DENIM DAYS Another satisfying on-trend 90s flavoured piece, boxy denim jackets are certainly having their resurgence across men’s and womenswear at the moment (in fact, A-listers are now famously opting for men’s denim cuts over womens to up the cool-factor). This classic Levi number ticks all the boxes.
Levi’s, The Trucker Jacket, $139.95. SHOP NOW
5. 20/20 It may be a not-so-subtle hint or one of those thoughtful gifts that is actually really great… or both. Either way, a sleek pair of specs in a unisex frame finished in tortoiseshell is a sharp and handy present, should you ever need a pair to use around the house yourself too.
Epokhe, Dusan Glasses, $210. SHOP NOW
6. HOUSE OF CARDS It’s safe to say most folks fall into two wallet categories: those who store a lot of useless things and those who simply carry the essentials. Both will benefit from a quality leather card holder in a neutral shade and this one crafted by Hermes artisans sits at the top of our lust list.
Hermes, Card Case, $500. SHOP NOW
7. SEAL OF APPROVAL While signet rings have long been aligned with Hollywood gangsters, fraternities and Tudors, 2016’s versions shake off the clichés. Mixed metals designs – like this one by Louis Vuitton – are sizzling hot right now.
Louis Vuitton, LV ID Signet Ring, $855. SHOP NOW
8. BOY MEETS GIRL You didn’t think we wouldn’t give you a few pieces only for the ladies, right? A silky pyjama shirt a currently big winner in our books – but as street daywear rather than sleepwear (sounds crazy? Read this). In a light blue version with navy contrast piping, you’ll get the best of boys’ worlds while being able to wear it from day to night. Or vice versa.
Natalija, Aisha Geo Silk Shirt, $180. SHOP NOW
9. French house Jacquemus love playing with cuts and proportions akin to a new gen (and more accessible) Comme Des Garçons. This shirt is no exception. A re-imagination of the classic Wall Street pinstripe shirt, it can be worn as a tunic dress or above cigarette pants, as intended, or layered over killer bell bottoms to make a bigger statement. Jacquemus @ My Chameleon, La Tunique V Dress, $599. SHOP NOW
10. Regardless of your gender or work status, every fashion lover should have a classic blazer in their closet. Think of it as a downpayment on future sartorial and social opportunities. This week, we’re crushing on Italian brand Blazé Milano; its ultra-luxe blazers are nothing short of an investment. With clever curved pockets, contrast lapels and bespoke buttons, there’s a slim chance anyone’s going to be rocking a similar design near you.
Blazé Milano @ Matchesfashion.com, Everyday Resolute Blazer, $1802. SHOP NOW