Doja Cat is nominated for three awards at tonight’s 63rd annual Grammys (Record Of The Year, Best New Artist and Best Pop Solo Performance) so it’s no wonder she went all out in the sartorial stakes. Dressed in a plunging custom Roberto Cavalli, the “Say So” singer looks insane, with a smoky eye and choppy motorcycle haircut to match.
Makeup artist Ernesto Casillas used Shiseido to craft Doja’s dramatic smoked-out eye; a look he said felt edgy, a little rock ‘n roll, and inspired by her punk-ish hairstyle by Jared Henderson for Joico. The rest of the makeup was simple; a clean brow, nude lips and a soft, matte, flawless complexion. Interestingly, her incredible skin was partly due to Casillas using a dermaplaning device to shave Doja’s face pre-makeup application. Who knew?
See an entire breakdown of steps and products for below:
- Prep the skin with the Dermaflash Luxe device to exfoliate the skin and remove any unwanted peach fuzz.
- Flood the skin with moisture using the Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate.
- Apply the Clear Sunscreen Stick SPF 50+.
- Dab Synchro Skin Soft Blurring Primer to the T-zones of the face only.
- Finish skin prep with a generous amount of Benefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Cream all around the eye area.
- For a flawless and luminous complexion, I used the Synchro Skin Radiant Lifting Foundation in the shade 340 Oak.
- Highlight the centre of the face with Synchro Skin Self Refreshing Liquid Concealer in Light 203.
- For a barely-there flush of colour, use fingers to apply and diffuse Minimalist WhippedPowder Cream Blush in the shade Eiko 04.
- Set the complexion for a long wear finish with the Synchro Skin Invisible Silk Loose Powder in 02 Matte.
- Sculpt the brow shape by filling in with the Brow Ink Trio in the shade Deep Brown.
- Apply the Kajal InkArtist in 09 Nippon Noir all over the eyelid as a base. It’s ok to be messy.
- Smoke out eye towards the temples using a black eyeshadow.
- Apply LandofLashes in the style Naked # 04 and top with a generous coat of ControlledChaos Mascara In Black
- Finish off the look with VisionAiry Gel Lipstick in Disrobed 506.
Not one to shy away from the spotlight, it’s no doubt the last 18 months have been huge for Doja, and if tonights statement is anything to go by, it’s only going to get louder from here.