Angelina Jolie has reportedly accused her ex-husband Brad Pitt of domestic violence in a new court filing. Furthermore, the actress alleges she has “proof” to back up the accusations.
According to Entertainment Tonight, The Blast, and Us Weekly, the filing was submitted on March 12 and includes a statement that both Jolie and her children whom she shares with Pitt are willing to provide “proof and authority in support” of the claims.
Jolie and Pitt first started dating in 2004 on the set of Mr & Mrs Smith and were married in 2014. Jolie filed for divorce two years later, citing “irreconcilable differences”. In 2016, following the shock announcement of their separation, Pitt was cleared of allegations of child abuse by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Child and Family Services. Both departments were reportedly prompted to investigate after an incident with Pitt and his eldest son, Maddox, on a private plane which happened right before Jolie filed for divorce.
At the time, Jolie’s rep released a statement: “The job of the DCFS is to make sure the children are in a safe and secure situation,” it read. “As we said earlier this week, childcare professionals encouraged a legal agreement accepted and signed by both sides that was in the best interest of the children. Angelina said from the beginning that she felt she had to take action for the health of the family and is relieved that after their 8-week involvement, the DCFS is now satisfied the safeguards are put in place that will allow the children to heal.”
Jolie and Pitt’s divorce has yet to be finalised and the pair are still yet to reach a custody agreement. Pitt reportedly wants 50/50 time with the couple’s children, Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, Knox, and Vivienne. A source close to Pitt told Us Weekly this most recent filing is an attempt to “hurt” him.
Jolie has said in multiple interviews that the separation was for their family’s “well-being”.